I should preface this by saying there will be no more monthly photos in her rocker. She fell off when I was trying to take this month’s pictures and I feel like the worst mom in the world :(
- You weigh 19-20 pounds I think – we’ll know for sure at your check-up next week!
- I kept forgetting to mention this in previous posts, but you still have ZERO teeth. If I had a dime for all those times within the last 6 months I thought for sure you were teething…
- In terms of food, you are eating us out of house and home! But it makes me so happy to see how healthy you are and and how much you enjoy every food just like your mama🙂 There’s only been one food you didn’t like – it was a pre-made beef and vegetable mix, pretty random. We’ve been mushing up our regular food to give you too since you’ve quickly been able to take on more solid food. You don’t discriminate haha! You also LOVE to feed yourself, especially your little puffs and yogurt melts.
- Also it was a huge milestone this month to finally get you to take formula. It was bittersweet for sure, but I’m so glad you can take formula-only bottles now. I still have a few bags of breast milk left and I’ll be bummed when they’re all done!
- You suddenly became so so chatty overnight, it’s the sweetest thing ever! You love to enthusiastically say “ya ya ya yaaaa” or “da da da da” and you’re super into blowing raspberries and just blowing air through your lips and gums.
- You’re still super into waving at anyone and anything, really. You love to wave hello, goodbye, to the dogs, to your toys, or to electrical sockets. I’m starting to say “bye bye” when you throw a toy so once in awhile you’ll look for something you’ve thrown and wave.
- There may be some progress on the crawling front! You’re showing so much interest in leaning way forward and lifting your butt up, but you still get nervous and frustrated to actually take that leap of faith🙂 You love to pull yourself up and hold yourself up on chairs, dressers, etc. And you still get a kick out of us “walking” you around.
- Out of nowhere, you were able to go from laying down to sitting during nap time the other day. I had to lower the crib ASAP because I was not expecting it so fast!
- Sleep for you has been so so much better than last month. Which has made for a very happy and well-rested mama🙂
- You’re super partial to your shape blocks – out of all the toys in your basket, you always reach for those and smack them together and gnaw on them to no end. You’re also fascinated by your new snack cup, which I never put snacks in, but you love nonetheless.
- Another new thing for you this month is you started to “dance” – when you’re sitting, you just move your butt and bop up and down to music or just whenever, so cute. And when you’re standing I tell you to shake your booty and you bounce up and down haha. My little hammy!
You’re such a joy to be around, my love. Everyone you come across can’t help but smile and comment on how happy you are. You love people, food, music – all the good things in life! You’re so incredibly friendly and happy, we are so blessed to call you ours.
Eight Month Highlights:
- You weigh 18 pounds (still!) You haven’t been gaining that much because you’ve been much more active, and were also sick quite a bit this month.
- Speaking of sick! This was a rough month for you, my sweet girl! You started off this month with a viral rash that we went to the doctor for, because I was afraid it could be chicken pox or hand foot and mouth disease. Doc said it was just a viral rash we had to let run its course (do they ever say anything different?) You were also sick with a cold and bad cough for a solid two weeks, some of which was during our family vacation in Hawaii. Each of these bouts brought on fevers which still scare the crap out of me. But you’re finally on the mend and I can’t wait for a chill, disease-free month!
- I’ve transitioned you to two solid meals per day, typically breakfast and lunch. You have yet to turn down a food I let you try, and so far your favorites are avocado, zucchini, sweet potato, and some of the Sugar Plum Organics blends. There have been a couple you haven’t loved as much, but you pretty much scarf anything down🙂 You also still can’t get enough of water.
- It seems like overnight your verbal repertoire just exploded and you can’t stop babbling now. It is the BEST thing ever! I love hearing you “wo wo ba rrr bb ka weh” all throughout the day.
- You’re learning very quickly how to wave bye and clap your hands. Your clap is still very rudimentary, but you get the gist. You love to flap your arm up and down when we say hello or goodbye. You also are just starting to learn how to “kiss” and put your open mouth to my cheek when we ask for a kiss. Be still, my heart!
- You went through a crazy bout of separation anxiety this month. You’ve always been a bit more on the clingy side, but for a couple weeks I couldn’t even put you down in front of me without your screaming. I love snuggling you, but I definitely want you to be able to play independently, as well.
- Not much news on the crawling front…I still don’t see it happening! Not that I don’t believe in you, you just haven’t shown much interest. When I place you on your tummy now, you push yourself way up yoga-style for a few seconds, then lay your head to the side and suck your thumb and get cozy haha. You still love to have us walk you around on your toes; sometimes it’s the only way to put a smile on your face. I started baby-proofing just in case. I’m sure you’ll be mobile any month now!
- Sleep has been cray. cray. this month girlfriend! Starting in Hawaii, you were OFF THE HOOK at bed time every night. I’m sure being in the same room/bed as us threw you off, but it wasn’t just you wanting to play. You legit screamed for hours when bedtime rolled around. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have a meltdown or two. You were fighting naps for a few days and it was hard to put you down for bed, but now you’re back to sleeping through the night thank God!
- Your first plane ride to Hawaii was pretty good! Especially considering we had layovers both ways, you did very well and slept most of the time. We had some awesome times in Hawaii, and a couple not-so-awesome times. Overall it was a good first big trip with you. If only you weren’t sick part of it! Looking forward to a weekend staycation with you and papa in September🙂
- You love to throw things now, especially when you’re in your high chair. So we have to keep an eye on your sippy cup and toys, and especially food!
- Lastly, my journey with breastfeeding is coming to a close. It’s been a long hard road (mostly in the last couple months), ending with a bang with my first bout of mastitis at the end of June. Needless to say, it’s so bittersweet. But I am ready to be done. I love love LOVE the closeness it brings us, and I know you’re not quite ready. But I promise to make the transition as slow and seamless and possible. I don’t want you to have to put up with a miserable mama, and I’m praying for the best.
I love you forever and ever my baby chuchi girl!!!!❤
We had a great family trip to Hawaii a few weeks ago – including Ro’s parents, brother, Lolo, sister, her friend, and my mom – and of course, us 3! Cici did so well on her first flights. Though it was definitely different traveling with a baby, and we had our share of stressful moments, it was an awesome first big trip as a family of 3.
We visited Oahu, and saw the North Shore, Waikiki, the Honolulu Zoo, Ko’olani beach, hiked Diamond Head, saw giant turtles, went snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, ate tons of poke, garlic shrimp, and shave ice, went to a luau, and went on lots of long walks to get Cici to fall asleep🙂 Ro and I even got to sneak in a date night!
Side note – it was so funny to see how poofy and curly Cici’s hair got as soon as we touched down. It was like – instaperm!
How parents with multiple kids/babies go on long flights, I have no idea. But big ups to ya! Cici was a little sick, so she slept for 3 hours or so each way, thank God! Definitely happy to be back home and back to our routine🙂
- You weigh between 18 and 19 pounds – weight gain is slowing down since you’re eating more food and drinking less milk.
- You’re wearing 9 month clothes these days – I finally get to dress you in your adorable rompers, bubbles, dresses, and shorts! You’re also transitioning to size 4 diapers.
- You started trying a lot of new foods this month. Your favorites are sweet potato, avocado, banana, and your beloved mum mums. You haven’t yet met a food you didn’t like! I also started making you some food – you were somewhat on the fence with the carrots/zucchini mix, but love it now. You also LOVE water – in every sense of the word. You would drink it all day if you could! And you love “swimming” and splashing, you’re just a water baby and true Scorpio🙂
- You started off this month sitting unassisted but tipping over now and then. Now you’re a sitting pro and can sit up and play forever, and you also want to stand and “walk” constantly! You pull yourself up and almost demand to tiptoe around, it’s so cute. Not sure if you’re going to crawl – you’re not showing much interest. That’s cool, I don’t mind waiting to baby-proof!
- Sleep has been hit or miss this month. You’re normally an amazing sleeper, but this month, you went through a stage of fighting sleep like no other! You’re back in your groove now though, and taking 2+hour naps and sleeping through the night again. It has been so hot and since we don’t have a/c, I’m still up multiple times throughout the night to check if the temp in your room is ok.
- You sat in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time and were OBSESSED. You think it’s so cool to be on our level and put everything in your mouth.
- Since it’s been so hot, we bought you multiple kiddie pools to splash around in outside, and you could not be happier. You’re going to do great in Hawaii next week!
- You had your first day at Amanda’s with Mason and your nanny D this month, and so far you’ve been loving going there once a week and learning all sorts of new things, playing with your boyfrenn🙂
- You’re very particular about when you want to talk, but once you start going, you can’t be stopped! You love to blow raspberries and spit bubbles, and still like to sing along in the car when you like what’s playing. No first words yet, but you definitely imitate the sounds we make.
- You had your first fever this month after your 6 month shots, and it was terrifying! I watched it creep up throughout the day as you got more tired and lethargic, so I eventually took you to the ER where they had to catheterize you to rule out a UTI. It was a long night but you got better quickly, with no signs of illness. It was a scary time nonetheless.
- We were lucky enough to win a mama/baby photo session with one of my favorite local photographers in a Mother’s Day contest, and it went great! This was during your no-nap phase and the session was past your bed time, so I was a little nervous. But once you’re around people other than me, you just hang out and smile – it was so sweet. I can’t wait to get the rest of the photos back and cherish them forever!
Just for fun, here’s a look back at how far we’ve come:
1 Month / 2 Months / 3 Months / 4 Months / 5 Months
6 Months / 7 Months